100% Free & Secure Case Evaluations
Answer a brief online questionnaire about symptoms
Receive a free, private, no-obligation case review
Have a claim for compensation filed in a court of law
Better Homes and Gardens® Aromatherapy Spray Recall Consumers Suffering from Melioidosis
Melioidosis — sometimes called Whitmore’s disease — is an infection caused by the Burkholderia pseudomallei bacterium.
This disease is spread to humans and animals through direct contact with the contaminated soil or liquid sources.
There are various types of melioidosis infections that have symptoms categorized by local, pulmonary, bloodstream, or disseminated sources — and these can be confused with other diseases such as tuberculosis or modern types of pneumonia.
Some of the typical symptoms of melioidosis diagnosis include:
- High fever
- Chest pain
- Respiratory distress
- Abdominal discomfort
- Joint pain
- Central nervous system/brain infection
The time between exposure to the emergence of symptoms is most often two to four weeks, but can range from one day to several years.
Consumers who have been in contact with recalled aromatherapy sprays and who have been infected with melioidosis should seek immediate medical treatment that may include intravenous and/or oral antimicrobial therapies.
Specific Recall Info About Better Homes and Gardens® Aromatherapy Spray
Products Recalled: Better Homes & Gardens® brand Essential Oil Infused Aromatherapy Room Spray With Gemstones in six scents:
- Lavender & Chamomile (84140411420)
- Lemon & Mandarin (84140411421)
- Lavender (84140411422)
- Peppermint (84140411423)
- Lime & Eucalyptus (84140411424)
- Sandalwood & Vanilla (84140411425)
Sold At: About 55 nationwide Walmart stores and online at walmart.com from February 2021 through October 2021 for about $4.
The Problem: The products could be contaminated with melioidosis infection.
The Fix: Consumers should immediately stop using the product and carefully follow these steps.
- Do not open the bottle and do not attempt to dispose of the bottle.
- Double bag the bottle in clean, clear zip-top resealable bags and place in a small cardboard box.
- Return the bagged/boxed product to a Walmart store.
- Wash or bleach sheets or linens that the product may have been sprayed on using normal laundry detergent and dry completely in a hot dryer.
- Wipe down counters and surfaces that might have contacted the spray with an undiluted disinfectant cleaner.
- Minimize handling of the product and wash hands thoroughly after handling the bottle or linens. If wearing gloves, wash your hands thoroughly after removing the gloves.
- If you have used the product within the past 21 days and experience fever or other symptoms of melioidosis (including pain, swelling, an abscess, chest or stomach pain, cough, headache, joint pain, and disorientation), seek medical care and tell your doctor about the product exposure. Your doctor may recommend that you get antibiotics (post-exposure prophylaxis) to prevent infection.
Please seek the advice of a medical professional before making health care decisions. This advertisement is not associated with Better Home & Garden® or any government agency.
www.shieldjusticewatch.com is the property of Shield Legal LLC. 1530 Faraday Ave, Suite 200 Carlsbad, CA 92008
This website is not part of the Facebook website or Facebook, Inc. Additionally, this site is NOT endorsed by Facebook in any way. FACEBOOK is a trademark of FACEBOOK, INC.
ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. This Website is not intended to provide medical advice. Consult your doctor or physician before starting or stopping any medication.
Discontinuing a prescribed medication without your doctor’s advice can result in injury or death. are not an indication of future results. Every case is evaluated on its own facts and circumstances. Valuation depends on facts, injuries, jurisdiction, venue, witnesses, parties, and testimony, among other factors. No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers. Shield Justice Watch does not itself provide legal services. Cases will be referred to third party attorneys and law firms. Do not rely on this advertisement in making any medical decision. Please call your physician before making any medical decision, including altering your use of any drug. Court costs and case expenses may be the responsibility of the client. Not available in all states. This advertisement is not intended as a testimonial, endorsement or dramatization, and does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter, either expressed or implied. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyers' credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Service. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13("Children").